You need a web server to put your web site on the internet.
Sometimes, owning and maintaining a web server can cost money and it requires someone who knows what they are doing to maintain the server and the website.
A web host can do this for you.
They provide equipment and other technical programs that are required to build a customer a website.
The hosting company will charge a fee for the service of storing your web site and allowing your web site to be seen on the internet.
Within that fee, it allows website visitor traffic to flow through their servers so people can view your site on the internet.
The physical web server does not reside at the consumers home or business which means that the web host services are designated as outsourced services. This means that the hosting organization that you choose has the responsibility to maintain your site structure, files and web pages.
Many web hosts provide excellent services that really assist individuals and business owners.
All the weight of maintaining the host servers and application fall on the hosting company and not the individual and as a business owner, this is great because there are so many technical routines that you have to do daily to maintain a server.
When you pick a web host to handle your internet server needs, you achieve the following:
- You streamline your internet costs getting the maximum from your hosting provider;
- Work with knowledgeable technicians;
- and pass IT control functions to the host so you won’t have to worry about maintaining servers and other equipment.
- You can self publish your site and use the web host to handle the technical aspects of server management.
- The host that you choose will give you the capability to load your own site to the server for updates and revisions to your web page.
- Web hosting doesn’t include developing your site (unless they have a special development program) or the development of certain customized programs. You can develop the programs (website or server side code) or have someone do it for you.
- Web hosting is offered in multiple formats based on cost and infrastructure.